Which Country is #1 in Cybersecurity?
Last week was Independence Day in the United States and Canada Day. These holidays celebrate freedom and independence. Security is a key component of independence. If a country is not secure, it is dependent on others for freedom.
The International Telecom Union produces an annual Global Cybersecurity Index. The Index is the most thorough ranking of country-by-country maturity. The report looks at countries in terms of their maturity in terms of legal, technical, organizational, capacity building and cooperation. The thorough report lists these countries as the top in cybersecurity:
- United Kingdom – “The Active Cyber Defense program has prevented thousands of attacks and reduced the average time a phishing site is online from 27 hours to 1 hour.”
- Lithuania – “To consolidate functions and resources, which were previously scattered, the National Cyber Security Center has been created.”
- Spain – “The National Cybersecurity Council strengthens the relations of coordination between the different public and private sector.”
Analytics Insights ranks these countries at the top of the Cybersecurity ranking:
- USA – “58% of the digital security organizations are situated there.”
- China – “In 2017, China has adopted another Cyber Security Law and it’ fundamental intention was to strengthen the cyber security and the national security.”
- Estonia – “After facing a bad cyber attack in 2007, Estonia has turned into a worldwide heavyweight in cyber security.”
CyberDB lists these countries in their top 10:
- Canada – “The federal government of Canada isexpected to spend up to $1 billion on cybersecurity”
- United Kingdom
- Sweden – “Sweden has the lowest rate of malware infections in the world”
Comparitech compares countries as well.
- Japan – “Lowest percentage of mobile malware infections at 1.34% of users.”
- Denmark – “Lowest percentage of mobile malware infections at 5.9% of users.”
- United Kingdom
The methodology of the different rankings are not the same, so their findings do not match. CyberDB and Analytics Insight are more subjective, whereas Comparitech and ITU have a set methodology.
|United Kingdom||🇺🇸 USA||🇺🇸 USA||Japan|
|Estonia||Spain||United Kingdom||🇺🇸 USA|
The common countries on all four lists stand out as the USA , so they are the winner based on this sample of rankings. Stay Independent as an organization, business or government entity by focusing on cybersecurity.